Most home vacuum packaging systems under $ 500. are adequate for the user doing a small amount of product at one setting.
If doing volume, all models are different, heat will become a problem.
When the machine get too hot, most will shut down to protect the system. Once it cools down, approximately 20 minutes they will comes back on ready to use.
NOW THE FRUSTRATIONS BEGIN: With very little volume the machine shuts off again. Why? It didn't cool down enough to reset the system.
1. If the machine has an adjustable heat bar setting then as the heat bar gets hot, reduce the setting as it does not need to preheat. Example, start at 5 and after 4 or 5 bags turn down to 2 or 3 seconds.
2. Get in the habit of observing the seals. A good solid line with no wrinkles is as good as it gets. Try to pull the seal apart and it should not be possible. The seal becomes the strongest part of the bag.
3. DO NOT DOUBLE SEAL BAGS UNLESS A WRINKLE OR LINE APPEARS IN THE SEAL. SEAL THE QUESTIONABLE BAG AGAIN BETWEEN THE SEAL AND END OF BAG.
Many of our customers have a habit of double sealing, sometimes even triple sealing, YOUR WASTING PRECIOUS HEAT...... THIS IS A PROBLEM. BELIEVE IN A GOOD SEAL.. JUST DOUBLE SEAL THOSE THAT MAY BE QUESTIONABLE.
HEAT IS THE ENEMY!!!!!!!!!!
Observe your machine and how many bags it takes to shut it down. Work with that number by mixing up your work. Do not get an assembly line going, if it shuts down after 15 bags then do 10 bags and let it rest while doing something else.
LEARN TO USE THE MACHINE TO ITS MAXIMUM WITHOUT IT SHUTTING OFF. If the machine shuts off its basically game over. It takes a number of hours for it to cool down, not 20 minutes.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SEAL THROUGH LIQUIDS OTHER THAN WATER. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. YOU MUST LEARN TO CONTROL LIQUIDS.
1. WRAP PRODUCT IN A SARAN TYPE MATERIAL, NOT TIGHT BUT JUST ENOUGH TO SLOW THE LIQUIDS DOWN.
2.FOLD A PAPER TOWEL, INSERT IN THE MOUTH OF THE BAG BETWEEN THE PRODUCT AND SEAL.
3. PAT PRODUCT DRY REMOVING MOST OUTSIDE RESIDUE.
4. FREEZE THE PRODUCT FIRST OR ENOUGH TO STIFFEN UP THE LIQUIDS.
SUCTION MACHINES CAN BE USED WITH SUCCESS BUT YOU MUST LEARN YOUR MACHINE AND APPLY SOME OF THE ABOVE TECHNIQUES TO BE A HAPPY VACUUM PACKER.
YOU CAN ALWAYS CONTACT US FOR FURTHER HELP...
BUTCH/BARBARA AND STAFF