Suction machines will pull liquids out of a bag immediately. If the machine has a liquid trap this will help keep the residue from accessing the vacuum pump, but contaminates the seal. YOU MUST LEARN TO CONTROL THE LIQUIDS. VERY EASY TO DO...see below............
- Wrap the product prior to putting into the bag with a saran type wrap
- Freeze product first or freeze long enough to set the residue...
- If the product is a liquid such as soup or stew, freeze the product in a container (so that the size of the frozen block will fit into the bag)
- Make a soaker pad out of a paper towel, inserting into the bag between the product and the seal.
- Some products can be blotted dry with paper towels—removing enough residue to allot the process of obtaining a good seal.